Recipe by: Chef Kim Mckee
Yields 4 - 6 |
Prep Time: 0,
Cook Time: 0
|4-6||Lamb Shoulder Chops|
|28 Oz.||can||Chopped Tomatoes|
|to taste||Freshly Ground Black Pepper|
1) Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2) Drain the can of tomatoes, coarsely chop the onion, peel and chop the garlic.
3) Trim all the fat from the chops and remove bones. Cut the chops into 1 inch cubes.
4) Using a heavy bottomed pan that can be placed into the oven, brown the lamb cubes on all sides in olive oil over medium high heat on the stove, remove cubes.
5) In the same pan, sauté the onions until lightly browned, add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute more. Remove onions and garlic from pan and mix with lamb cubes.
6) Deglaze the pan with the wine and add water, spices, sugar, tomatoes and the lamb. Bring the mixture to a simmer, cover and place in oven.
7) Cook for 2 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
8) Remove from the over and place on stove over medium low heat and cook for 30 minutes more to reduce the liquid (should be thick and dark).
Nutritional Info - Per serving
g Dietary Fiber